Athlete Training and Health’s mission is to provide accessible evidence-led training for youth, collegiate, professional and active adults. Through consistent evaluation and education we aim to instill training strategies that elevate our athletes’ performance to the highest level.
Athlete Training and Health is a private company that provides evidence-led training services for amateur and professional athletes for the purpose of optimizing sport performance. With four 25,000+ sq ft training facilities in multi-field sports parks, it is one of the leading sports performance training companies in Texas. A key component within Athlete Training and Health is the healthcare collaborative relationships with hospital systems to provide premier sports medicine and human performance services to athletes. ATH integrates its performance services with other healthcare professionals and develops improved evidence-based strategies for enhancing athletic performance.
The Internship program is designed to teach participants how to organize, and be a part of the coaching staff – from operational tasks to hands-on coaching. Our primary goal is exposure to a performance process through a structured theoretical and practical based education approach accredited by our academic partner Auckland University Technology – Sports Performance Research Institute of New Zealand, outlined on page 2.
Breakdown of Role
- Coaching (70-80%) – On training floor
- Administration (5-10%) – Assist in facility administration
- Training Strands Development (5-10%) – Assist in performance coach projects when requested
- Staff Education (10%) – Structured ATH-C internship education curriculum
Qualification and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in an exercise science, sports science, kinesiology or health-related degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, sports science, kinesiology or health-related field.
- Volunteer coaching experience in any field.
- Basic IT skills to use various administrative applications (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Industrious and enthusiastic
- High personal standards of health and fitness
- Open to personal development and growth through lifelong learning initiatives
- Goal-oriented and driven to succeed through adversity with a desire to work in a team environment.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work a minimum of during peak coaching early morning, evening and some Saturdays.
- The successful candidate must have authorization to work within the USA.