Developing Powerful Athletes
Athlete Training + Health Presents Annual Sports Science Symposium
KATY, Texas – March 10, 2020 – Advancements and best practices in sports science take center stage May 16 at Athlete Training + Health’s second annual symposium dedicated to “Building Tomorrow’s Next Level ATHletes Today.”
Presenters at the day-long event include nationally and internationally known experts in health, rehabilitation and sports performance. Forums and hands-on workshops provide holistic strategies for developing athletic performance and resilience to injury. The symposium is designed for those working in sport – specifically strength and conditioning coaches, sports scientists, physical therapists and athletic trainers.
The day focuses on three key themes centered around long-term athletic development:
- Building a solid foundation
- Developing powerful athletes
- Preparing and performing at the next level
Our speakers are:
- Dr. Micheál Cahill, Vice President of Performance and Sports Science, Athlete Training + Health
- Chris Slocum, M.A., Athletic Performance Director, Athlete Training + Health
- Bonnie Gregory, MD, Sports Medicine Orthopedic surgeon, UT Physicians, IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute, Sugar Land
- Chris Korfist, internationally recognized speed coach and owner of Slow Guy Speed School, Chicago
- Chris Lefever, DPT, Sports Physical Therapist, Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute
- Rhodri Lloyd, PhD, Reader in Pediatric Strength and Conditioning, Cardiff Metropolitan University, chair of Cardiff’s Youth Physical Development Center
- on Oliver, PhD, Professor of Applied Pediatric Exercise Science, Cardiff Metropolitan University, co-founder of Cardiff’s Youth Physical Development Center
- Matt Van Dyke, M.S., Associate Director of Applied Sports Science, University of Texas
Register today. Use code EB120 before April 25 to take advantage of $120 early bird rate. CEUs will be offered by the NSCA for attendees. See the complete symposium agenda and full speaker bios here.
About Athlete Training + Health
Athlete Training + Health’s mission is to use best practices of health and performance to provide a world-class training environment for active adults and athletes of all ages and abilities. Our multi-field, state-of-the-art facilities are equipped with advanced pro-style weight rooms and dedicated areas for adult and youth athletes. ATH’s highly-skilled coaches deploy training strategies that elevate – regardless of age or ability – athletes’ performance to the highest level through consistent evaluation and education. A key component of ATH is its forward-thinking approach to collaboration with hospital systems, professional sports teams, universities and independent school districts to raise the bar for health and performance training. For more information visit: www.athletetrainingandhealth.com.
Lauren Covington, firstname.lastname@example.org, 469-438-3963
Amy George, email@example.com, 980-395-9328