Athlete Training and Health Overview
Our mission is to provide a world-class training environment for athletes and adults of all fitness levels utilizing learnings from our scientific research in human performance. Our forward-thinking approach to collaboration with hospital systems, professional sports teams, universities and independent school districts is setting new standards for health and performance training. We invest heavily in the post- graduate education of our coaches, who in turn develop evidence-led training programs that are guaranteed to deliver sustainable results. Our state-of-the-art facilities feature best-in-class turf fields, pro-style weight rooms and cutting-edge technology to exceed the needs of our athletes, communities and healthcare partners.
The Senior Performance Coach (SPC) is responsible for programming, coaching and monitoring the development of the Forever Athlete Training Program within location. The SPC should instill enthusiasm and a passion for learning the ATH training Philosophy related to the Forever Athlete Training Program among all coaches. The SPC is responsible for coordinating the internship alongside other SPC’s to ensure productivity development and creativity during non-coaching hours. The SPC is responsible for conveying key metrics to the APD and athletes related to individual progress related to the training program. The SPC is a key link ensuring synergy and perspective between senior coaches and performance coaches.
Breakdown of Role
- Responsible for coordinating and coaching the Forever Athlete training program. Assisting the APD when needed in other training programs. Providing 1 : 1 coaching opportunities for Athletes.
Development of Training Programs and Education (Internal)
- Responsible for the development of the Forever Athlete training program within the training center (evaluations, attendance, programming, quality of coaching and development of coaches related).
- Coordinate all aspects of the internship education (recruitment, teaching, mentoring, scheduling, assignment grading and evaluation).
Performance Administration (External)
- Responsible for the reporting of specific metrics related to Forever Athlete (i.e attendance, evaluation KPI’s,
- Coordinate the Athlete Retention initiatives related to Forever Athlete (i.e. calls, email related to training progress).
Training Center Advancement
- Ensure staff relations are maintained and balanced within the coaching staff and assist on community outreach initiatives with member services, sales, marketing and operations related to the Forever Athlete Training Program.
Qualification and Experience
- BA/BS – Exercise science, sports science, kinesiology or health-related degree.
- Preferred Master’s degree in exercise science, sports science, kinesiology or health-related field.
- Minimum of 3 years full time coaching experience.
- Competently able to assess, interpret and prescribe exercise programming across an array of training strands, specifically the Forever Athlete Training Program. Possess good leadership and communication skills within a multidisciplinary team of coaches and medical professionals.
- Strong level of IT skills to use various applications, technologies and software ranging from administrative (Microsoft office) to sporting technologies and software.
- Dynamic personality: industrious, enthusiastic, adaptable and humble.
- High personal standards of health and fitness that reflect one’s lifestyle habits and command the respect of co-workers and athletes.
- Good communication and relationship building skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Open to personal development and growth through lifelong learning initiatives, both as a student and in teaching others.
- Ability to multitask; goal-oriented and self-directed.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work extended hours including early morning, evening and some Saturdays.
- The successful candidate must have authorization to work within the USA.
- Yearly renewal subject to performance review beginning August 1st, 2022.
- Send your resume and cover letter to HR@athleteth.com. Please state your location of preference Allen, Katy or North Houston. The deadline for applications is Tuesday July 5th. The successful candidate should be willing to start August 1st, 2022.