Athlete Training and Health Overview
Our mission is to provide a world-class training environment for athletes and adults of all fitness levels utilizing learnings from our scientific research in human performance. Our forward-thinking approach to collaboration with hospital systems, professional sports teams, universities and independent school districts is setting new standards for health and performance training. We invest heavily in the post- graduate education of our coaches, who in turn develop evidence-led training programs that are guaranteed to deliver sustainable results. Our state-of-the-art facilities feature best-in-class turf fields, pro-style weight rooms and cutting-edge technology to exceed the needs of our athletes, communities and healthcare partners.
Job Title : Community Relations Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Facility Sales with Director of Marketing as oversight.
One position will cover the Houston Market (Spring/Klein and Katy)
One position will cover the Allen Market
The Community Relations Manager is focused on the ability to network in the community, grow brand awareness at the local level, build relationships with potential clients, and persuade others to purchase our services/product. This individual is responsible for driving leads for Adult Fitness, Youth Sports Performance and Team Training Programs into the building. The secondary focus is to support the marketing and sales team with executing local events and promotions. Overall, this role will lead initiatives generating athlete interest (prospects) by establishing and implementing local marketing and promotion programs.
Most Important Monthly Contribution:
Using outside sales to generate prospects for ATH training programs.
- Administer Outside Sales Activities:
- Schedule events and assign additional personnel (if necessary)
- Organize marketing materials
- Document all event activity and follow-up from event
- Cold calling with the purpose of building community relationships (schools, local businesses, athletic directors, select teams, booster clubs)
- Using Hubspot to create lead intake forms when prospecting in the community and handing off those leads to the facility to close the sale at the appropriate time
- Cross-departmental collaboration
- Managing local sponsorship/partnership contract execution (tabling, marketing elements, etc)
- Drive Prospects for Training Programs:
- Adult fitness trials
- Student sports training trials
- Schedule team trial sessions (for teams with 12 – 20 athletes) – working with facility athletic directors as needed.
- Manage team trial sessions and generate prospect information
- Follow up with prospects to schedule individual trials
- Record successes (number of leads and number of memberships/sales as a result) and learnings for optimizing similar events in the future
- Attend/Host Community Events:
- Attend 4 – 8 community events per month
- Host 1-2 facility events per quarter
- Assist with researching events and posting events on calendar
- Work with facility leads to schedule additional personnel and resources as needed for upcoming events
- Assist with Marketing and Advertising Initiatives:
- Help with the development of a community relations strategy
- Manage facility-specific marketing element creation and production & ensuring facility collateral is always up to date
- Manage local listings and ensure facility web properties are up to date
- Work with Marketing Director to gather local content for social media, newsletter and blog
- Assist Membership Sales Associates Team
- 10-12 hours a week (as needed) supporting front desk staff
- Can include checking in members and answering phone calls, among other duties
Assertiveness, Goal Setting, Professionalism, Community Relations Organization, Event Management, Relationship Building, Customer Service Focused, Personal Influence, Drive, Energy, Presentation Skills, Time Management, Initiative, Problem Solving, Writing Skills, Budget Management, Social Media
Preferred Technical Skills:
HubSpot, Canva, Google Platform (sheets, docs, slides), Video Editing, IG Reels Creation
Schedule will vary based on event needs and facility/community activity. Based on a 40-hour work week.
Application: Send your resume and cover letter to HR@athleteth.com.
Download Position (PDF)